RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Friday 14 October 2011

Chris and Sarah Basten

You have done many amazing, cool and (at times) tough things. You have done these activities with many people around the world who clearly love and respect you. We treasure the things done together: we have partied, danced, dressed up (there was a merkin once, I recall), dined, skied, sampled wines, done The Hunter, done the beach, played touch footy with the kids, hit golf balls, and we’ve talked frankly about life and about death. Your radical acceptance of life and death is more than heartening, Gav. I’ve already told many people how impressive and inspiring your approach is. You know that you have put enough fuel in the tanks of your three kids for the rest of their lives – with your enthusiasm and lust for life and Love – and Maz can amply be there for tunes ups. I also want you to know that we (and your family and other friends) will be there for them for as long as they need.
I know you told me a couple of times how you got RUOK Day up and running but I still don’t get it. Within a year, you had media partners, major sponsors and health agencies and NGO partners. What I don’t get, I think, is that I don’t know anyone else who could have done that. When people admire you personally and respect your work and see your vision, they will do things for you and with. And, man, you deliver all those things. You have kicked some big goals and hit some long shots. I guess some bunkers are too steep to hit out of.
We treasure our times together and look forward to more good stuff with Maz and the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment