RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Saturday 17 September 2011

Lara Hall

Hey Gavin, from our meeting at Tennis World at Epping when we were both in year 7 and then our first date where you took me to Balmoral Beach and blew up my lilo for me :::))) your journey has been truly amazing. Unfortunately I didn't realize then what an amazing man you would grow into but I feel privileged that I can say I knew you, and since that time I have been fortunate to run into you from time to time. I also feel blessed that I got to meet Maz and your kids and spend some time in friendship keeping up with you, your family & your life.

The last time I saw you was at Morgan Parkers place and I remember leaving thinking about you & Maz & the love, respect & connection that you two obviously shared & longing for it in my own marriage.

As someone who has suffered from depression for most of my adult years, your vision with R U OK day is to be applauded. Something so simple but yet so needed for many suffering in loneliness & silence.

Gavin you are an inspiration ...

May God bless you, Maz, the kids & the whole Larkin family.

Lots of love
Lara Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment