RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Wednesday 7 September 2011

Marcus Tesoriero


My old man has forever said, “Jeez that Gav is good boy.”
And my response is always, “Yeah I guess, but you didn’t work with him for 5 years straight.”

But in all seriousness Gav, I know I’ve never said it, you are actually a good boy, and one I’m proud to call a mate. You’ve always done your best to look after all those around you, and there’s not a time when you haven’t given equal respect to any person you met, no matter who they are. My dad says they were qualities that your old man Baz used to have, which is probably why dad carries on about you so much.

Mate we go back quite a while. I remember when you first came to advertising from the finance world, we had a conversation when they plonked you in the media department. You said, “Screw this, I want to be creative.”

At the time I was a junior creative, and just quietly felt I had the competitive edge, but then over a succession of months and years I watched you leapfrog your way from one position to the next. Before I knew it you were head of marketing for Taco Bell in the States and I remember thinking, ‘What a clever bugger, so that’s what he meant by being creative.’
We had some fun times in the old Singo’s days. The bar was always a starting place for absolutely anything. I remember the Singo’s touch footy team we had made up of you, me, Crocker, Warren “the courier” and four Wallabies. And even though I spent most the time on the bench for that comp, we still didn’t win it. I bet Matt Burke still sees that as one of his greatest ever defeats.

Time goes so fast mate, all that seems like yesterday. But as we move through life it’s good to know that the best memories never fade. You are one of Sydney’s true icons, so I’m guessing I’m not alone when I say that I’ve shared some of my best memories with you. I’ve always admired your strength, resilience and courage Gav, and I’m sure these difficult times have really put that all to the test. I just want you to know we’re all pulling for you mate, and our hearts are with you all the way.


Love always, Tes.





No comments:

Post a Comment