RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Thursday 28 July 2011

Helen O'Byrne

Dear Gavin,
What you give out in life is what you get back and you have truly lived this way more than anyone I know.
There is so much love for you Gavin and this is because you have made a place in your heart for so many people. Such a big heart.
Your ability to communicate has always been incredible and now at this very hard time you are still communicating. I believe the impact your story will have on people’s lives, will be far deeper for it. Too many of us worry about stuff we can’t control and if I have learnt one very important thing from you it is not to meet trouble half way.
You are one of the most genuine and honest people that I have ever had the pleasure to know.
The one thing that has struck me more than anything is your incredible strength of spirit over the past 16 months.
Every time I have spoken to you, you have been so positive and always still thinking of others.
I have been blessed to know you for over ten years and have so many funny memories of you……………you gave me my first job in advertising in Australia – you told me at my interview “You are hired but if you are a wall flower, we will find out and you won’t last!”. Then when I gave you & Ashton a serve one day, you never ever let me forget it! Ever! You drove me insane with your god damn terrible Irish accent repeating my full name and over and over asking me where my caravan was. It drove me demented for over two years and the full name lilt stuck! You were such an incredible mentor and I will never forget your encouragement for me to take your role when you left for the US. I was scared and not ready but you said……..”you will never be ready, just do it” . There were funny times catching up with you in Dallas at the KFC/Pizza Hut conventions with memories doing those crazy YUM cheers! I have told you everything that I have wanted to say over the past few weeks so know that you, Maz, Gus, Van and Josie are constantly in my thoughts, my heart and my prayers.
Thank you for being who you are.
Sending you all my love
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment