RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Wednesday 27 July 2011

Martin Hennessy

Gav,
Martin here in beautiful Laguna Beach.
I just drove by your old house this weekend and I’m happy to report it has not slide down the hill yet with the rest of the homes in Bluebird Canyon. What impeccable timing you had.
Greg sent me a note with a link to this blog and it reminded me how precious time and family are. My son Cameron was asleep this morning when I got up but I couldn’t stop squeezing my daughter Kate. Cameron has no idea what’s coming when I get home. Thank you.
Reading this blog, looking at the pictures and pieceing your life together over the past year has made it painfully clear that our purpose here is to help others and make this planet a better place to live. Something you have obviously done. When we had to put Kate in the hospital I was distraught and fearful and could barely contain myself. After walking the halls of the Childrens Hospital while Kate was recovering I realized her issue was only minor compared to the challenges so many of the children were having. I declared – “I’m going to help” – and sadly have done nothing yet. Your family, your friends, your life has reignited that feeling again. I hope I can make you proud from whatever vantage point you have.
I remember the night I met you and going out for drinks at Ocean Avenue Brewery. I said to myself, “what a force”. You were one of the most dynamic people I had every met and in some ways downright scared me. However, meeting your family and watching you with your kids was such a contradiction. Your gentle, kind spirit and the love you poured out made it clear you were just a big pussy with a giant heart.
What you leave behind is all that counts. I’m better having met you.
Piece of my heart Mate.
Martin, Nicole, Kate and Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment