RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Tuesday 26 July 2011

Matthew Pitt

Hey Bear,
I started a letter to you, but this is far better.
What you mean to me ! - (corny I know, and somewhat romantic too - Bromance perhaps ?) -
In the (g)olden days, back as teens, you were the cool kid. You lived in cool houses - O'Dowd, the old Gardyne, I even remember Chatswood, but not the street name. Your bedroom was allways cool, you always had a trreasure trove of stuff- bears, skateboards, GI Joe toys, music and posters. I was in awe of this kid, and a bit intimidated, to be invited into your bedroom - the shrine of all things cool. And then when the testosterone kicked in and pubity hit - the was a bevvy of beauties (none that surpass your current gal) but as a meek and mild family friend I was awestruck by you, But its that feeling that I still have although its manifested into somewhat another feeling and its only been recently that I worked it out.
So it brings me to the now, as matured gentlemen that I see the realness in you. I took at seat at one of the family gatherings at Gardyne Street probably the xmas before last and watched the crowd, and watched how when you entered the room, the there's a shift, people want to gravitate to you- unashamedly - I do. Your like a bright like and we "moths" love to get up and close to you. We are magnetised by you. You have enormity, of pulling people along, a charisma, its fascinating and exciting for us. We just want to be part of the YOU.
See you mean so much, in so many ways to many people of many walks of life. ( I read of this in many of these posts)
Apologies for my texts of late with boxing vernacular and titling you as "Champ", not sure if your sick of it. Going to see the movie "The Fighter" with you resonated deep inside of me, I saw subliminal messages akin to your own struggle at the time. The character Micky Ward possessed many an attribute that you show. So inspired by this and our subsequent dinner afterwards I actually wrote a letter to the real Micky Ward about you and talking up RU OK Day (sadly no response).
Love and warmest of thoughts to you and your tribe.
Love Pitty

No comments:

Post a Comment