RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Wednesday 27 July 2011

Sheri Morgan

Gavin,
We were the lucky ones to meet you all when you were in Laguna. I loved my time with Maryann and was always drawn to her and her peaceful spirit. When we met you, it was clear that she knew a deep love that gave her that sense of peace. Our boys became fast friends, a friendship that continues today through the great invention of emails!

We were so fortunate to be blessed by your time in Laguna. Although I can't say as many men might agree! You have raised the bar on what women want from their man! I clearly remember the day, a cold, blustery day at soccer practice at El Morro. The sky was dark with clouds and the ocean black and choppy. A storm brewing for sure! It could get freakishly cold in fall at times! As Maryann and I stood shivering while the kids played, you appeared, it seems unannounced, with a grin on your face that felt like sunshine bringing warmth to the world. As you walked, no glided, maybe even floated over to us, your smile got bigger and Maryann seemed to begin to glow. You gave her a big hug and a warm kiss and insisted that she go home, light some candles, draw a warm bath, have a glass of wine and you would hang out and bring the kids home....I think even with dinner! It did not take much convincing for Maryann to accept your offer and off she went. You and I exchanged small talk as you clearly were more interested in going off to the monkey bars to give your other favorite girl a hug and perhaps a few laps around the playground! How happy I was to be in the company of such a great love and such a wonderfully warm and close family!

I remember shortly after that Maryann asked me how life was with three kids. I remember thinking, can't be sure of what I said.....that was one more kid ago and I have since lost many of my wits!!! - but I remember thinking, with all that love, how can you NOT have another one! Go for it! Note below, now there are four!!! :)

When I read through the blog, the articles etc. I am in even more awe than I was those years ago. I am guilty of wishing you were all still here so we could bask in your aura. However, as a believer in "everything happens for a reason...." your time in Laguna was to strengthen your family, spread your good "mojo" here in Laguna, before whisking them all back to Australia (as we all started fall deeply in love with your family... ) so that you could be surrounded by family and long time friends while you took on your most challenging project.

Your enthusiasm for life is like a raging river, you have swept everyone in your path along with you! You are such a gift to this world and the love, confidence, enthusiasm, honesty and grace of which you live your life is a treasure to all who know you!

Big huge Laguna Love!

Sheri, Mike, Max, Grady, Cassidy and Maris Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment