RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Monday 25 July 2011

Jo Sellars

Dear Unit,
As far as I am concerned you will always be that massive10ft tall brick wall of belligerent NSW supporting concrete I first met 12 years ago when I joined Singleton Ogilvy and Mather.
I have always said I was blessed to work in the ad game, mostly because of the characters and personalities I have had the chance to meet along the way, who have inspired, pushed, and enhanced my life in so many ways. Those first few Years at Singos, being part of the Pizza Hut KFC team with you and the other bongos were some of the best of my working life, and which I always look back on fondly. For some reason, I always felt like I had joined a very loud, dysfunctional, yet highly functional family, of which you were a big part.
Gav you have always been so much larger than life in my thoughts, somebody who was always so passionate about the things he cared about (if the NSW Origin team had even a quarter of your will to win and heart, they would be a vague match for the mighty Maroons), someone who would never give in (annoyingly) and someone who’s always made me laugh my head off.
Your journey over the last year has been heartbreaking and the way you are going through it is nothing short of inspiring…. the spirit, heart, guts and determination you have shown, if I didn’t know better, I’d think you were a Queenslander. And you know that’s the greatest compliment I could ever give.

Thinking of you with love and supporting you all the way,
Sellars xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment