RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Monday 25 July 2011

Janneke Thurlow

Gav and Maz,

It's always hard to know how to start these messages of love, I've been sitting here for 10 minutes pondering.

I'll start by taking you back to when I began work experience at Singleton's, over a decade ago now. I had just turned 17. These are the memories I have of it.

I remember feeling so nervous walking into your office, I felt young and ignorant and incredibly shy. But you have a way of making people feel very welcomed. I remember your big, gorgeous and warm personality throughout that week. I also remember that all you can eat spaghetti place, that cute guy that worked for you (Can't remember his name? Ryan maybe?), and the other cute one, Mark Tesoriero. I remember walking past this dark room full of people glued to their computers, it turned out to be the graphic design room. I swore to myself I would never work in there. I remember the agency meeting to watch the ads that had recently been made, that was a point where I thought I would love to work here.

I also had a huge crush on you (sorry Maz!)

I was talking about yesterday to mum and my brother, Jordan. I was describing you to Jordan because he didn't think he had met you. I was saying, "You would remember him if you met him. He is tall, handsome and very charismatic." I looked over to mum who was nodding away.

Gav, you're a gorgeous person. You have achieved so much in your life, you are what people strive to be. You will be sorely missed, but you have also given people many beautiful memories. The foundation you have set up will give enduring support to those who need it. You're an incredible man.

Maryanne, I've never met you but it was so nice to see photos of you and your three beautiful children. I can only imagine the heartache you are going through. You sound like an incredibly strong woman and my thoughts are with you. Gav is lucky to have a tight family. He is lucky to have you.

I don't want to be one of those people who goes on and on, so I'll sign of now ;-)

My love, love, love is with all of you.

Janneke Thurlow.

No comments:

Post a Comment