RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Saturday 30 July 2011

Yolanda Cassity

Hey Gavin, it's Yolanda, your tequila drinking buddy from your days in the States working with Dieste; that crazy Hispanic ad agency that dared your "Aussiness" in what became more than a shoot in Mexico City, a drinking contest to see if you could hang with us. I am sure you have not forgotten about that trip. I know I haven't.

As I sit here writing you this note, reflecting on my own life, I realize that your incredibly powerful energy, amazing smile and contagious zest for life is the essence of a life I want to emulate. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to see the amazing Gavin in action as a leader, a family man and a friend. You have touched many with your love for a good laugh and have inspired me to be a better person. I hope you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and never forget you are not alone.

Saludos Gavin and a big, strong hug to you and your beautiful family!

Best,

Yolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment