RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Tuesday 26 July 2011

Tom Keipert

Gav
I have only had the pleasure of knowing you a relatively short while (you may remember Mikey Willesee introduced us at Elanora GC around 6 years ago when I was mistakenly addressing you as Gus through 16 holes until you finally decided that it was time that I extended you the courtesy of acknowledging you with your proper name……I might add I that I was under intense pressure having not won a single hole and I was preparing myself to suffer the indignity of loosing my arse to you 2 clowns who were constantly reminding me of that very fact..... with Mikes choppy swing and high handicap and your countless practice swings it was doing my head in. Throw in the fact that I thought a bloke called Gus was toweling me up only to find out it was really someone called Gavin was all too much for young bloke from Mel to take!)
From that day onward I found myself asking Mike “when can we play golf with that big Gav bloke again he is hilarious and terrific value?” You are one of those rare and delightful people you meet later in your life that you thoroughly enjoy hanging out with no matter how infrequently it is or what the circumstance. For us it was normally at an impracticably early 645am tee off at NSW GC on a Saturday morning having enjoyed the benefits of about 2 hours sleep, thankfully you were old school and appreciated my youthful exuberance…………albeit you had often had played the first 2 holes before I caught you having been a tad late for the tee off
You are a true gentlemen with a genuine warmth, sincerity and positive life perspective that is unique.
You have put up a magnificent fight as only you could ………….I am going to miss you heaps mate
Lots of love big fella
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment