RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Saturday 6 August 2011

Adam Ashe

Gav,

Here I sit at 1 am on the other side of the globe, after a few beers, a few schnapps, and a few wines...a great crayfish party here in Sweden....as they always are....and my thoughts as they do everyday/night go back to you and your family......we, myself and my girls, Ebba(9)Lily(7)Romy(2) and Josefin, whilst on the annual pilgrimage to Sweden, have been reading the incredible array of words that have been written for you, about you, to you and your family....we are, as most have said before us, in awe.

It is not that we are necessarily in awe of your determination and strength, or Gus's...it is the words of support, wisdom and inspiration that you have been able to accumulate even under the darkest of clouds that you all find yourselves currently.....the generousity shown you and your family.....myself and my girls have learnt and grown so much by following your families journey....I pass on to you and yours our love and happiness, tears and joy, the things that we share together everyday as we talk, laugh and cry about Gav, Maz and their kids.

Gav, we haven't know each other, as the crow flies, all that long.......its been the odd weekend of something resembling golf (well my weekend anyway!!)...lots of laughs and fun...shitloads of drinks...... and this short period of time brought us all close. I have been very lucky a few times over the years to have been paired with you ( I think thats what its called!?)......you have coached/coaxed me round various courses, and even suggested that i have a jacket in me somewhere??...to the point that you even secured me a couple of extra shots this past classic to have a chance...........just not to be mate sorry!!...not yet!!

Bur Gav whist you'll certainly be missed next year (as you were this time around)...you'll always be with us.......and I'm now resolved to fulfill the prophecy.....there's a green jacket in me ...and I have to get mine before Johnny!!

Mate, lots of love....not just from me, but all of my girls ....we are heartbroken by your story as we read and follow everyday, laughter comes, and tears flow, the thought of our family and your family and the similarities..... but we are equally inspired to do better, work harder, and strive for more as we are overcome by waves of sorrow and happiness.....what an inspiration you have become.....and will continue to be.

All our love...hugs and kisses....Adam, Josefin, Ebba, lily and Romy Ashe.

No comments:

Post a Comment