RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Sunday 7 August 2011

Andrew Walsh

Gav

I remember your first day as MD at Y&R Sydney.

Your welcome speech was funny, inspiring and spoke of a brighter future for the business.

You defined your management style by reciting a two word poem by Muhammad Ali:

"Me, we".

You went on to prove - to those who listened - this approach worked, everyday.

They were great days to be in the business, and looking back, I know they will stay a special memory.

Your also introduced 'Gav's Wheel of Fun' to monday morning role call.

Each week, someone delivered a short presentation on something inspiring.

Then they spun the wheel, won a prize.

Trouble was, most of the prizes were dodgy client freebies sourced by account service.

But there was one great prize - and I won it.

Dinner for two at Aqua Dining.

I kept it quiet from my wife and surprised her on our anniversary.

So thanks for the brownie points - I think I'm still spending them!

Gav, reading this blog your special talent is obvious.

It shows how you've helped people, from many walks of life, find their passion and lead better lives.

How one man can make a difference.

How to you, 'me', will always mean, 'we'.

With love

Walshy

No comments:

Post a Comment