RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Wednesday 17 August 2011

Tony Dass

I've been reading the blog since day 1
I baulk then ignore , I think then ignore again
I dwell in my own thoughts, I daydream and I wonder

I try and feel what you are feeling, then wallow in my own feelings of inadequacy

I try and relate but know I could never be where you are

You are loved and cared for

Would it be the same if it were me

But this is not about me

It’s about your wife, your children

Your brothers, your mother, your sister, your fathers
Your friends, your mates
It’s about your way, your genuine smile

Your manner and your sincerity

Your achievements and the affect you have
How you share and how you disagree
It's about you
You make not made a difference
You’re the one who cares while at the same time you don't
You make not made a difference

I’d like to think you’re ok and my mate will be ok and Maz will be ok and everything will be ok

Gav, right now I don’t know what to say
So I just tapped on the keyboard and this is what came out
I’m confused about what I feel when I think about it and you and stuff
So I’m gonna just speak from my heart and don’t give a damn what people think

Gav, you done good... in so, so many ways...
You're a champion

No comments:

Post a Comment