RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Tuesday 2 August 2011

Teresa Woodland

Hi Gav,
I think the first time I met you was at Mary n Kev’s all I know is I remember that I was happy Maz had found someone good looking (he he) and then came the killer smile! I love that smile and so lovely to see that your beautiful kids have inherited it especially Gus.

I have often looked to the time when we had finally sold our business and I would have the time to catch up properly with all my family in Sydney and have a bit more depth of conversation with one and all. I will miss having that with you Gav. It seems I have learnt so much about you only in recent times and with RUOK. I love how RUOK promotes more conscious communication rather than the usual, which I’m sure will stay with people all year round. I have been so amazed of all your achievements on many levels. What a big life.

I treasured seeing you guys on your little hols to Byron and think of you every time I pass your Wategoes holiday rentals, mad but true! There was that lovely afternoon when we sat out on your verandah watching an awesome sunset, dolphins included of course, and we had dinner and drank some Grange that your Dad had given you. I’ve been hoping for years that you guys would quit that city life and come up for good, and I could have Van hugs every day, aahh.

I have been told that the Indians of America believe that when a person experiences trauma they loose some of their spirit and so they do a ceremony where they call back the persons spirit by calling the persons name/names. I have been calling your name Gav, I drive down to Wategoes to call you and I know Ronny and Disey have been calling your names too.We wish for you to be in full spirit for your journey ahead.

It was such a privilege minding the kids with Mary while you two had a little dinner out, last time I was down. I had a ball having a bit of time to connect with your gorgeous kids. I still have the Tour of Gus’s collections on my I phone as well as crazy fun with Josie. You are a beautiful Dad Gav, and your kids reflect that. I was feeling so much when it was time to say goodbye that night, but I couldn’t find the words, so I said nothing.

I just want to tell you now, that you are in my heart always and you take up a lot of space, being the ‘big guy’ you are!
Love you Gav, and your amazing Maz and your beautiful family, and everything you have achieved in your life especially your honesty and sharing
The Biggest warmest hug to you Legend.
Treezy xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment