RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Saturday 13 August 2011

Mark Billson

Gav,
There are so many people thinking of you right now in so many different time zones throughout the world.
What I know of you has been mainly through our times together on the golf course at the Classic. Much of why it is a classic is down to you and all the photos and video footage. I remember vividly your second jacket......mainly because it was you and me in the play-off at Hope Island. Nugget recalled how you won it from the bush....I remember it a bit differently......
I teed off first, feeling nervous having never been in contention for the jacket before. I duly sprayed my ball right (an ugly high cut!) and into the crap....You then teed up, everyone thinking this is Gav's jacket. You went driver even though you all you had to do was put it in play....You lined it up and let it rip.....you pulled it seriously left...tiger country. What a couple of choppers!! We pulled out another ball each. Unfazed, you then played a flawless hole to win in a canter.
This said a lot about you as a golfer but also a person. Why play safe when you can give it a red hot go.....you tackle every challenge with guts, creativity, enthusiasm and determination, not to forget humour. It shows through with your family, your career choices, RUOK, and the classic. Its why you are so successful.
I will always remember your advice to me on ordering a tequila......"not the cheap s**t.....only the top shelf"!
You are off the top shelf, Gav.
You and your family are in our thoughts every day.
Much love
Billo

No comments:

Post a Comment