RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Monday 22 August 2011

Clare Baker

Hey Gavin and Maz

Thinking so much of you both, your children whom I haven't had the fortune to meet but am sure are as amazing as their parents and the wider Larkin/Vaughn clan.

Gavin, for a significant part of my early 20's you were like another brother to me. Always big, strong, solid, secure and comforting. Rock-like. You always had a funny nickname for me when our paths crossed and stupidly now, I can't think what they were - Clunk or Clunker (noice!) or something similar, may have been one. For some reason I always very formally called you by your full name 'Gavin' but often referred to you as 'Big Gav'.

You and Maz did then and I know still do now, make an amazing team - confident, positive, generous - whose love, power and energy goes beyond the physical. Your kids are blessed to have this combined spirit in them and I hope it helps to give them some strength in the face of this most difficult and incomprehensible situation.

It has been such a while since I've properly seen you and thank the stars that I did see you, albeit briefly, at the Skunkhour Sydney reunion gig. You hadn't changed that I could see except for a shinier head (not unlike your big brother and your dad and making an even closer family resemblance!). Your smile as always was huge and beaming - you were having so much fun and clearly proud of your brothers. You were fully enjoying the moment.

They say no man is an island and your organisation, RUOK?, helps us to remember this. We need people around us, in good times and in bad. Having people around us to support, help and care for us can help to make a bad time, maybe not always good but certainly, better. It is beautiful and inspiring hearing of all the love, support and care you have around you now and reassuring to know that your loved ones will have special people around them to love, support and care for them when you are not able.

Maz, take care of yourself and all my thoughts are with you.

Rest easy Gavin/Big Gav. I am glad and proud to have known you and to have had you for that short while, as another brother in my world.

Love,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment