RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Thursday 4 August 2011

Frances Campbell

Hi Gav!
It's Franny and I'm writing from OOOklahoma! Not even 24 hours from Tulsa I'm actually IN Tulsa! Jenks to be exact. America is certainly an eye opener and I can't help but think of you whenever I see a Taco Bell! I keep thinking about the many things Mary told me about your stay in the U.S. The fabulous halloween outfits and in particular when you visited the Hurst estate. Citizen Kane was such a good movie. Shane and I hired a car in Dallas and we didn't have money for the road toll so I offered the toll girl an Australian $5 (she was very suspicious) I assured her it was worth more than the required $2 U.S. She obviously thought it was a good deal because she took it and after all it was pink, girls like pink! Anyway the temperature is averaging 45 degrees. I was interviewed by Channel 8 in the park by a roving reporter! He said people were wingeing in February about the blizzard and now they are about the heat. What did I think?I said the ground needs rain! I think that we were all so glad when you and Maryanne found each other, she deserved a champion! I don't know how many times I have recounted the story to people, of your proposal to her during Kim & Damian's wedding. The water taxi, champagne waiting n'all! I remember when I was in Sydney once and you and Maryanne took me out to lunch at a cafe in Bondi and I felt so honored and also impressed that you both asked for some pepper from the pepper grinder -which was a new thing back then! We then walked over to Bondi Icebergs for a drink (prior to it being done up) I bought a Bondi Iceberg towel. It was a lovely, lovely time and I will always remember it Thank you!! I think that RUOK is a fabulous concept and I have told many people about it and will continue to. You have managed to articulate something which can effect any of us in isolation. You are obviously a man of considerable depth, feeling and understanding and RUOK is a wonderful gift from you. Gee Gav I can't imagine what you're going through right now but I will continue to pray for you and your truly beautiful little family. One day we'll understand why such difficult things befall us.
God Bless you and ease your pain!
Love Franny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment