RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Saturday 6 August 2011

Alex Jensen



Hi Gav
Even though we didn't see you much as a grown up Jane and I have fond memories of you, Aya and Del coming over to Perth on holidays with Barry. I remember you being quiet partial to Baileys Irish cream at a young age, which you introduced us to via Des and Jen's liquor cabinet. I think that might have been the night when Aya had a date over, Jenny Tuttle. We kept calling her Jenny Turtle.
Aya became rather pissed off with us because we all got tipsy and made a bit of a commotion. I was laughing uncontrollably and you and Jane arguing over who had the most skidmarks on their undies.
Del broke his foot during one trip to Perth and would not tell anyone what had happened. It came out later that he had jumped off the Ryan's top floor balcony. I think we had just seen E.T so maybe he was inspired by the flying bike scene, he just didn't have a bike or E.T to help him. You also educated us about Westies and Westie tans.
We always thought you guys were pretty cool.
Unfortunately I don't have any photos of your early holidays to Perth but I have attached a couple (dart board shots) of the family; Mum, Dad, Jane, Kosta, my husband Justy and my daughters Jade and Evie.
Gav, you and your family are in our thoughts. Sending you all our love.
Alex
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment