RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Monday 1 August 2011

Adam Searle

Dear Gav.

We haven’t always seen eye-to-eye (considering you’re six-foot seven and I’m four-foot nothing doesn’t help), yeah we’ve had our ups and downs, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t always have a lot of warm feeling and genuine regard for you.

From the moment you marched into our precious agency world one day (the world many of us had strived for years to get into) typical Gav, skivvy- wearing & full of one-liners. You just breezed in and took it all by the scruff of the neck. With your trademark wide smile you were confident, funny, witty...and I have to admit it, many times right. Actually I’ve never seen anyone take to a business like that and master it so swiftly, and I don’t think I ever will. Like all of the Singo’s crew, a ton of water has been under the bridge. We’ve had many a night on the turps. Momentous wins. Lots of laughs. A few losses...and a couple of stinky barneys. All part of the fun.

Yes back then we were bullet-proof and we thought it would never end. Its so unfair.

As I look down at my sleeping daughter’s peaceful face,I now know what it is that you have achieved in my eyes, gaining my respect beyond words. Gav you have gallantly led your beautiful family through unimaginable perils and kept smiling...for them. You should be proud of what you have achieved, as you must know so many of us are of you. Gav you are a hero to many people and your kids will grow up knowing that. I know mine will. Lots of love and our thoughts are with you and your family.

Adam, Lizz, Orlando & Zoé Searle XXxx

No comments:

Post a Comment