RIP Gav

R.I.P. Gav - 21/9/2011 - Our beloved Gavin Larkin passed away this afternoon at 3.28pm. He was surrounded by his family and the love that he has created. He will never be forgotten for who he was, how he lived and what he has left behind. I know I speak on behalf of all that knew him when I say Gav, thank you for being you. The world is a better place for having had you in it.
The Larkin family would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this blog. The messages have been a constant source of support and wonderful memories that the family will cherish forever. They have been overwhelmed by all the good wishes, lovely words, food & flowers. The community around Gavin, Maryanne, Gus, Josie and Van has been wonderful and made an enormous difference. Thank you to all.

May we suggest, if you would like to offer further support, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to one of the following nominated causes: RUOK? Day Donations or Cure For Life




Wednesday 3 August 2011

Gemma Klamer

To Gavin, Maz, Gus, Josie and Van, I am thinking of you all.

Aunty Veronica let me know that you've got this blog going and since I have a blog too I realise the power of the blogosphere and I wanted to contribute a little something to lift Gav's spirit.

Gavin,

I don't even remember when I met you, whenever it was I must have been small. I still remember gate crashing your wedding with the rest of the Tesoriero's so many years ago. My husband recalls meeting you at Aunty Helen's 40th (must have been not long ago because that old chook does not want to disclose her age) and he still talks about how inspiring you were then. He often says how he wishes he was brave like you to go and live and work overseas. He thinks about what you have achieved in your career and he is motivated by your example.

I want to tell you personally that I have been a huge supporter of RUOK?Day since its inception. I have promoted it heavily on my own facebook page. I believe what you're doing to promote such a vital conversation is divinity in itself. At the recent Blogopolis conference in Melbourne I got to speak to a number of bloggers to pitch to them a collective blogging movement where we can promote RUOK?Day on our blogs and return the links back to RUOK website. I am pretty sure I can pull these people together in your honour and spread your message. I only hope I can do you justice and I will try really hard to achieve this.

Gav, you are an inspiration not only to your family but to many that you don't even know that you have touched and will continue to have an effect on. I pray for you and Maz and the kids often.

My simple words can't express how sad I am for you going through these final days. I don't know what to say that will have any measure or impact that is unique to your well lived life. I just don't and I am so sorry.

With love, light and stars that never stop,
Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment